"Mom! How many more days until Halloween?"
You know, kids, that's just way too much math. But yes, my kids look forward to Halloween almost as much as they look forward to Christmas. Maybe even more. And we have a Christmas advent calendar, so ....
I decided to make them a Halloween one, based on a Christmas advent calendar tutorial I found on Pinterest. I know, so much for that whole "crafting my library" thing. I'm thinking of changing my tagline to "crafting my pins, 10 minutes at a time ..."
I spent literally a couple of hours on this calendar, and I think it turned out really cute:
The steps are simple:
- Cut the numbers out of your scrapbook paper and paste each one onto a black square. Tack the numbers to the cookie sheet (I used two Halloween designs on either end of the calendar to make the numbers even out).
- Mod Podge over the whole thing. I used two coats.
- Meanwhile, cut little Halloween characters/phrases/scenes out of the scrapbook paper. For this part you'd obviously want to choose paper that has pictures on it about the size of the glass marbles.
- Mod Podge the cutouts to the back of the marbles, then let dry.
- Glue the magnets to the back of the marbles. I just used Tacky Glue for this.
- Drill holes at the top of the cookie sheet so you can hang it up. Done!